Electromagnetic radiation (EMR) is all around us. Every day we are exposed to radio waves and microwaves from appliances, cell phones, cordless phones, laptops, Wi-Fi networks and many other sources. Over the past decade, our exposure to these fields has increased exponentially.
Much like asbestos in buildings or lead in paint, EMR is imperceptible to the senses, but has been linked to many chronic diseases and cancer. In 2011, The World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation as a possible Group 2B carcinogen. In 2001, IARC found that 60 Hz magnetic fields from power lines and appliances should also be classified as a Group 2B carcinogen.
EMR exposure has been linked to:
- Sleep problems
- Nervous system disorders
- Electro hyper sensitivity (EHS)
- Autism and ADD/ADHD
- Chronic fatigue disorder
- Anxiety and depression
- Heart arrhythmia
Is your home making you ill?
Common household devices emit high frequency electromagnetic radiation. These include cell phones, microwave ovens, cordless phones, wireless routers and baby monitors. Most people are aware that living next to cell phone tower can be hazardous to their health, but are not aware that cordless phones and wireless routers might be even more dangerous. Many studies have shown that chronic exposure to this radiation at relatively low intensities can be hazardous to health, particularly if present in sleeping locations. Children are particularly sensitive as their nervous system and cognitive abilities are still developing. Please go to the Health Risks page to learn more.
info [AT] emfps.com or (425) 200-5379